Server ⇒ irc.oftc.net
Channel ⇒ #free60 ; #free60-chat ; #free60-dev
or if theres nobody replying try:
Server ⇒ irc.efnet.nl
Channel ⇒ #libxenon
Want to Help?
Here is what you can do to help this project:
- Documentation: We need the individual bits&pieces, for example from xboxhacker.net, nicely assembled into wiki pages, Howtos etc. This does not require coding skills!
- Head over to here for a list of pages that need some work done on them.
- Or you can go here for a list of pages that need images uploaded.
- An archive of the old content is available here - if you see anything there that isn't here just use the re-formatter on the main page to turn it back into wikitext and copy it in!
- Take a look at wiibrew.org: They have nice categories for the available software, features applications etc.
- Tell more people about what you can do with Linux on the 360.
- We need more applications so people have a reason to try out free Libxenon based code and Linux on 360.
- Work to implement End User Requirements
- Test and improve the Linux live CD images
- Add useful ideas to this list.
Seeking Information On
Some documentation must already exist, though perhaps not in the wild. We are seeking:
- CPU instruction set reference --> See VisualStudio 2005 Reference (Exact CPU instruction set reference)
- Verification that the CPUs have a memory management unit (can do virtual memory)
- Details of Multi-processor memory coherency and synchronization requirements
Documentation To Develop
Some documentation will either not exist, or won't be made available
- Memory usage map for boot code
- Hypervisor details. What is checked and how it is checked
- Chain of trust: how execution integrity is designed to work
- Chinks in the armor: Holes in the chain of trust
Hard drive locking (if any) andfilesystem details (Harddrive)
- Wireless hardware and software protocol for controllers
- Xbox1 software emulation details
XeLL / Libxenon
- [Libxenon]: Improve Libxenon and write apps.
[Libxenon]/[XeLL]: Fix the usb driver so it gets proper speed and Power supply does not need to get replugged to get usb mass storage recognizedDONE
- [Libxenon]/[XeLL]: Write a fatx/xtaf driver
[XeLL]: Implement parsing of a bootconfig + passing bootarguments to the linux kernelDONE
[XeLL]: Fix non-workin XeLL-XeLL implementation (chainload XeLL from a "base XeLL")DONE
Xenon linux kernel
- Needs urgent fixing: Linux Kernel - a hardware CPU bug causes powerpc locking primitives to fail between hyper threads unless a special register is set properly
- Fix usb driver (random freez under heavy usage)
- Patch RTC driver for hardware clock access
- Xenosfb: add support for mode switching
- Audio driver
- If possible: Modify the ATI 3D driver to work with the Xenos-Chip
Linux Live CD / Installer
- Open a Boot Menu with the following options:
- Load [Linux Kernel] from HDD (default, 10s timeout? auto detection of valid Linux HDD?)
- Load [Linux Kernel] from CD and use root filesystem on HDD
- Load Rescue/Installer Linux LiveCD
- Load Linux over TFTP (optionally configuring the network)
The Menu can either be created in XeLL (requiring reading from CD, SATA, plus interactivity over serial / IR remote or USB controller), or possibly in a Linux initramfs (which is easier to implement, but locks the user in to one single kernel)